Wednesday, December 8, 2010

a yummy, super easy chicken recipe

We have been back in town awhile, but with all the laundry, getting back in the routine, decorating for Christmas...this ole blog has been neglected. Whenever we get back in town or if we have been eating out too much and want to start cooking more, I have certain recipes that are easy and quick that I always start with. I wanted to try something new and saw this recipe on Baked Bree and it looked simple enough so I decided to try it. It was amazing, even Kieran ate it and Aislynn said it was her favorite thing I have made, ha ha! I can't get Bree's site t pull up to link the recipe, so here it is here:
Kelly's Overnight Chicken
Ingredients:
1 tbsp curry powder
4 tbsp soy sauce
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup honey
4 chicken breasts

1. Mix the curry powder, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, and honey in a bowl.
2. Place chicken breasts in glass container or plastic Ziploc bag and pour marinade over the chicken. Seal and place in refrigerator overnight.
3. The next day, place chicken with sauce in baking dish and cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Take out, uncover, baste chicken and bake for 15 more minutes.
4. Ta da! I poured some of the sauce in my rice to flavor it and served it with green beans. Yum yum yum and so super easy:) This is definitely getting added in to my dinner rotation.

1 comment:

Shel said...

I am so surprised that your kids eat anything with curry or mustard! I would love this recipe but I know my kids would not eat it! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...