Saturday, October 23, 2010

homemade bread

For awhile I have been wanting to start making my own bread. I finally got the courage and was pleasantly surprised by how it came out and loved how easy it was (Aislynn helped me too)! I have made it twice now and we go through a loaf super super fast. We love carbs in this household...especially freshly made ones;)
Here is the recipe link: Simple Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
One night we had blt's with it...I had picked up some arugula at the farmer's market and the peppery taste was perfect with the bacon and the slightly sweet bread....yum yum!
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! I finished up Aislynn's Princess Leia costume, which I will post next week+I am hoping to get some scrapping in tomorrow sometime...wish me luck!

2 comments:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

Oh Yum! I adore BLTs and this just looks delish!! May be it's me, but do I eye a homemade potholder under your bread??

Mrs. Weddle said...

very cute bread pan there. want some links to bread making .... your walking down my favorite thing to make here .... http://www.thefreshloaf.com/ is good one also there is a book about sourdough breads ... but its local breads done by the guy who wrote bread alone (also a really cool book) that will give you a really good bread background and recipies. its crazy the whole bread thing. i have like 5 different flours in my pantry now because of bread making lol its fun .... your crust needs some work but its still yummy im sure. im also becoming a fanatic over baking breads on my pizza stone so no pan involovd. i'll stop rambling now, send me a email if you want some more info

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...