Monday, October 25, 2010

layouts

Just wanted to share my latest scrapbooking layouts and give some insight on how I created them...

Someday
Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill, Patterned Paper, Stickers, Adhesive Fabric: Studio Calico, Punches: Marvy Uchida, EK Success, Rub-Ons, Stickers: October Afternoon, Other: typewriter, sewing machine
I have been wanting to make this layout for awhile. Shaun and I watch House Hunters International a lot, and watching it always gives me the travel bug...so *someday* we will get to go to these places, I hope:) My friend, Shel, is hosting a challenge to scrap a picture with no people in it and immediately this is what I came up with. I knew I wanted to print the pictures (got them from google images) small with a white border and use black cardstock as a base (which I should do more...haven't done that in a long time!). I also knew I wanted to use Studio Calico's travel themed documentary line, and honesty, after that it all fell together:) This layout took me less then an hour to make:)
Wish
Supplies:
Patterned Paper, Trim: Fancy Pants, Bingo Card, Memo Book Sheet: Jenni Bowlin, Punches: Martha Stewart, Fiskars, Marvy Uchida Rhinestones: My Mind's Eye, Chipboard Letters: Basic Grey, Other: typewriter, sewing machine
For this layout, I based it on a Studio Calico Sunday Sketch. I pretty much knew with the banner in the sketch that I wanted to use some of A's 5th birthday pictures. I have had this Fancy Pants paper FOREVER and I finally used it-woo hoo! I love it with these pics. The bingo card addition was too easy here and I love pom-pom trim:) This is one of my favorite layouts lately+these are the most recent pictures I have scrapped. *Someday* I will be closer to being caught up;)
The Sand Man
Supplies:
Patterned Paper, Stickers: October Afternoon, Cardstock, Embroidery Floss: Bazzill Basics, Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants, Bo Bunny, Memo Book Sheet: Jenni Bowlin, Stickers: Studio Calico, Punches: Fiskars, Marvy Uchida, Misc. Button, Other: typewriter, sewing machine
This one was SUPER easy to put together because I lifted this from an old Shannon Zickel layout that has been in my inspiration notebook *forever*. I knew I wanted to use lots of the yummy patterns from the October Afternoon Seaside line, and that layout allowed for it so it was a perfect match! This page took no time at all!
1st day of Pre-K
Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Studio Calico, Basic Grey, Stickers: Jillibean Soup, October Afternoon, Rub-ons: October Afternoon, Wood Veneer, Die-Cut Paper: Studio Calico, Punches: Fiskars, Other: sewing machine
I feel like this is so not my style, but I like it. Can you tell by these last 4 pages I am happy to have my sewing machine? :) I moved things around A LOT on this page. My journaling is SO long, so I am printing it and adhering it to the back, or maybe adding a pocket to the back so the top of the journaling sheet has a little tab so you can pull it out and read it. Some more recent pictures scrapped-BOO YAH!!
***
I've got some sewing projects on my list this week+I am trying a new chili recipe tonight (if it's good I'll share).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...