Tuesday, November 2, 2010

baby blankets

One of Shaun's good friend's wife is having twin girls at the end of November. I decided to make these snuggly blankets for them. I used the same print in different colors (yay for Cosmo Cricket fabric!) and minky fabric for the back.
The minky fabric was super slippery and hard to sew. As with all my projects I have attempted so far, this was a learning project. But fun...the stitching isn't straight but I am hoping that they will find it charming in a homemade sorta way:)
The blankets measure approximately 32x34 inches. Aislynn wants me to make her one, so I am planning on making one for her and one for Kieran for Christmas. With the soft minky, the snuggle factor is definitely there...I kinda want one:)

3 comments:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

And me too!! They look adorable, Pam! The minky material is so convincing too...if I had one I'd go right back to bed!!

Mrs. Weddle said...

i want a blanket too. where did you get the fabric???? there cute and big ... which is good for baby blankets turned kid blankets

Shel said...

OK...How much will you charge for one? Zoey needs a new woobie. Actually she calls it Woogie! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...