Monday, November 1, 2010

thankful mini-album

I decided to make a little mini- album this month for a few reasons.
  1. I want to teach our kids to be appreciative and thankful for things, especially the small things, so what better month to do this then in the month where Thanksgiving falls. I hope to do this every year with them, I think it will be totally fun as the years go by to see what we wrote:)
  2. I am going to include pictures from related things we are thankful for...not everyday, but so it will be just a teeny snapshot into our month. It seems like every year, November is the month I take the least amount of pictures...so hoping this will give me a little boost:)
  3. I have self-imposed a no purchasing patterned paper rule until I clear through some of it...so this will help me go through some:)The cover.The inside pages...there are 30 total, one for each day.
And a view from the back, I will add the pictures on the sides with patterned paper.
***
I really hope some of you decide to do this or something similar, I think it will be fun! You could use any format (even just jotting it down on your blog for record), but this is how I made the little book:
Supplies:
2 chipboard pieces cut to 4x8 inches (I used the pieces that are usually included with paper orders or kits to keep the paper from bending)
2 rings, mine are approximately 1 inch in diameter)
31 pieces of patterned paper, cut to 4x8 inches
30 pieces of cardstock, cut to 4x8 inches
stickers and/or embellishments for the cover
  1. I rounded all of the corners for my book, but this is of course optional.
  2. To make my inside cardstock pages, I went in word and created a document 4x8 inches and typed my words (Mom is thankful for...Dad is thankful for...Aislynn is thankful for...Kieran is thankful for...). Then I printed out 30 copies.
  3. Adhere a piece of patterned paper to the front of your album and to the back, decorate the front.
  4. Adhere a piece of patterned paper on the back of your cover and on the back of each cardstock sheet.
  5. Punch 2 holes in each sheet and your cover pieces and slide rings through. You're done!
P.S. Aislynn already wrote hers in today and she is thankful for Halloween candy, lol:)

2 comments:

Shel said...

I made a mini album last year and I love it! I really should make another! Maybe this time I'll let the kids participate and they can make their own! Hmmmm....Now the possibilities are spinning in my head! Hmmmm....

SnapScrapRepeat said...

HOW perfect!! I SO cannot wait to see the finished product!! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...